Thursday, January 1, 2015

Steak Bites

When I thawed out these beef tips earlier today I still had no idea what I was going to make with them.  I'm tired of making and eating beef stew.  So, without hesitation I checked out Pioneer Woman's website to see what she may have to offer.  I didn't have to think twice when this recipe popped up.

INGREDIENTS
1 lb. Beef Tips or Sirloin Steak (without much gristle) cut into bite size pieces
Kosher Salt to taste
Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
2 tbsps. butter
Pure Olive Oil

Begin by seasoning the beef with salt and pepper

In a heavy skillet on med-high heat melt 1 tbsp. butter and a drizzle of olive oil (to prevent butter from smoking too much)

To the melted butter, add half of beef tips

Cook for about 1 minute, just until the meat is brown.  Do not disturb or move the meat around.  Use a large spatula to flip the beef tips around.  Cook for another 1 minute and remove to a plate.

Add the rest of the beef tips and repeat the same cooking process.

Pour pan juices over the beef tips and you're ready to chow down!!

Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy

If you like beef steak, I have to admit this is the easiest way to make it and almost an assured way to make it tender and juicy.  So simple to make it took less than a half hour!  Hubby loved it!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment