Saturday, June 14, 2014

Name that Plant and Around my Garden

A few of you readers from my last blog may know that I am not a savvy gardener.  I admit I am a brown thumb but I do try.  Fortunately, our new bungalow home has come with many plants I am not familiar with, also some I have never seen.  This is where I need your help.  The pictures with numbers are the ones I need help in identifying.  If you know what they are, would you please let me know?  Thanks so much!



Are these Chives?  If so, are they okay to consume even if they have blooms?

I have no idea what this is.  When it was a bit smaller, I first thought it was Rosemary but now I know it isn't.  Perhaps, Tarragon?

I've never seen this one as well, but it's long and very soft.

This image has two plants I'm not familiar with (anyone recognize that bunny?)

This is a short plant but full.  I sort of reminds me of an Azalea bush but I know it isn't since I've had several when I lived in Virginia.

I believe this may be a Mini-Rose Bush but I don't see any buds I'm familiar with

This is next to the "Mini-Rose Bush" but if it's a weed, please let me know ASAP!!  Thx!

Here's another picture with two plants I need identified.



These blooms look like bells and they have a WONDERFUL scent, I love them!!

I have several of these bunched together

These had yellow blooms up to about a week ago.  It always makes me sad when a plant is done giving blossoms such as Daffodils, Hydrangeas, Tulips, etc.,


A beautiful bush but what is it?  Since this home sat empty for almost a year, it seems this bush may have been neglected in that it needs to be trimmed, am I right?

My Hostas are growing a little lopsided around the tree, anyone know why?

I had to show off the vintage Radio Flyer wagon I bought from an antique dealer in the area.  I bought some herbs and a couple of red Geraniums today and put them on the wagon just for fun although I do plan to place some more flower in the wagon as soon as I get more.  Doesn't it look adorable?

I appreciate any help you can give me.  Thank you ahead of time.

Until next time,

8 comments:

  1. HI:)

    Oh I am not a savant of flowers..:)

    But let's try a few..
    #1 looks like Phlox.. they are beautiful in bloom and make a great splash!
    #2 Peony
    #3 Chive blossoms even the blossoms are edible..
    #4 Could be lavender..:)
    #5..not sure..could be Armeria.. ground cover grass like ..pink blooms
    #6 neither..maybe a Malva type?Mallow?
    #7Weigela
    #8 Looks like roses leaves from here..maybe buds will come later
    #9..OMGoodness so invasive ..If it's what i think..Pretty and blue in bloom but I pull it out now yet is still comes back..
    #10..I can only name the one you didn't point to:) Heuchera..the purple one..
    #11 Look like shasta daisies
    #12 Black eyed susan types....rudbeckias..
    #13Lily Of the valley
    #14 No clue.. I think they could use a shaping:)
    #15 Wild strawberries or other berries?
    #16 Forget the name..tip of my tongue!Could be a spirea..If it turns red eventually it could be japonica..
    #17 Bridal wreath spirea.

    Perhaps the hostas are newer?

    Could they have just been planted before you bought?
    They should fill in eventually and you will not see earth!:)
    Sorry I cannot name them all..sometimes hard to tell and some well I just don't know:)
    Your vegetation is very similar to ours in QC..I'll be happy to help any time I can:)

    Love your Radio Flyer!




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!! At my age, I'm still new at all this gardening stuff. I will make a weatherproof label and stick it to each plant so that I can remember what they are. Your expertise is GREATLY appreciated. Now, let's pray I don't kill any of my plants. P.S. Let's say it doesn't rain for a week, how often do I need water?? Thx!

      Delete
  2. Well if this were for a prize Bev, I surely would have lost. I knew perhaps 3 lol. They sure are gorgeous though. WOW you have a pretty garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Debbiedoo! I need all the help I can get. Thank you for your kind words on my garden. I wish I could say I grew it on my own but it's always nice to move into a new home with an already made-to-go garden. The people in this house before us did a great job!

      Delete
  3. Hi Bev. What a lovely garden you have acquired with your new home. I think the first comment pretty much sums them up. I am a new follower. Stop by and visit when you have a chance. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura, thank you for your kind words and for following me. I just returned the favor :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only one I can actually name is the Peony LMHO - I have so many of the same plants as you do and can't name them!!!
    Gorgeous photos ! ( newest follower and thanks for the comment love on my blog )
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! We need to start some kind of novice support group, I thought I was the only one ignorant about plants and their names! Thanks for the kind words though and I've been a follower of yours for a short time but look forward to many of your posts. :) -Bev

      Delete