Monday, August 24, 2015

The Family Tree


One Sunday afternoon, I looked at this boring blank wall and decided to finally do something about it.

So a tree trunk begins to emerge

Soon it begins to develop some limbs

Some leaves and birds immediately make this tree their home

and before you know it, the tree comes to life





This is the second tree I have painted on a wall and it seemed so easy to do this time around.  I was able to get it painted on one Sunday afternoon, allowed it to dry overnight and then added the picture frames the following day.  I will need to update and add some pictures and that's what makes it fun to have one of these Family trees in your home.  It's so easy to add and update the pictures and more fun to see the family tree grow.

I purchased the wood frames at Michaels almost two years ago but I still see them there.  They were the cheapest way for me to go as oppose to buying a regular cheap plastic frame.  I painted them once I got home.  Taped the picture to the back and voila, that was all.  Easy peasy!

Enjoy your week!  Until next time,








Sharing with:

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you're so sweet, thank you! I had fun painting it :)

      Delete