Friday, July 10, 2015

Prepping for Football


For those of you who aren't football fans I'd hate to be the one to break it to you but it's just around the corner.  As a matter of fact, college football coaches and staff are back in their offices starting the routine of meetings, rosters changes, watching film, game plays for the defense, offense and special teams, greeting the early arriving freshmen, greeting the rest of the team at the end of July for "Training Camp" and oh, not to mention workout sessions in between.

I know all this because I worked in a college football office for 13 years.  It's an exciting time of the year.  At the end of the month most colleges will also attend the annual "media days" at their conference headquarters.  It's more or less a one day of meetings along with all the other head coaches in the same conference getting a rundown of any new changes in the conference that could effect them.  A meeting with the local media is also a highlight.

So while American football college programs are prepping for the season, I will do the same.

On Pinterest I found collage for Auburn University and Nebraska football programs and thought I needed to do one for the team I so love and university I will forever cherish in my heart, even though I don't work there any longer.

Here is the stencil for my collage.  I placed the stencil on a board I painted red.  One of our team colors.  I'm so thankful to have the Cameo Silhouette, I call it an electronic stencil maker.  Who know how many hours . . . days, it would have taken me to do this by hand.  It's possible, but not probable.

I used a pencil to trace a long every letter and image.  This only took about a half hour at the most.

Here it is painted and completed.  I used paint pens in two different blues, two reds and one white.  Simple enough to do but needing the ability to keep lines straight.  This challenged my "tennis elbow" even though I had a cortisone shot a couple months ago, it will be a while before I'm able to do something like this again, but it was worth it.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, alas, football is almost here! *happy dance*


Have a great weekend!  Until next time,




No comments:

Post a Comment